Who we are
The Data Controller is Worldwide Currencies Ltd, Registered office address: Devonshire House, 60 Goswell Road, London, EC1M 7AD; Trading address: 55 Kind William Street, London, EC4R 9AD, Company number 05892452.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office, registration number Z9582459.
Worldwide Currencies Ltd (We, Us, Our) is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (no. 525361) to provide financial services to. We are also registered with HMRC as a Money Service Business (no. 12242572).
The sites and services are not directed to children under the age of 18. Worldwide Currencies Ltd do not knowingly collect information from minors who are not legally able to use our services.
How do we collect information
Worldwide Currencies Ltd gathers information about you when you register for an account or when you contact us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
Information we collect
When you register for an account with us we collect, process and store information such as your name, title, current address, email address, telephone numbers, date of birth, occupation, nationality etc. We will ask you to provide identity document number(s) or copies of identification documents, for example your driving licence or passport.
In the instances when we are unable to verify your identity we may ask for copies of your identification and/or a proof of your address. Additional questions might be raised to help verify your information and identity.
For the purpose of sending the payment to a designated by you recipient we will require the bank details (beneficiary name, account number, sort code, IBAN, SWIFT, ABA or routing number). In addition, when you book a trade, the information collected is; the currency booked and bought, trade date, value date, and rate offered for the amount to be received and remitted.
Whenever a transaction is scrutinised we may request a payment supporting documentation (i.e. copy of invoice, a house sale/purchase agreement), a proof or explanation of the source of funds and reason for transfer.
Once your account is fully set up and you begin to transact with us we will collect, process and store financial and transactional information.
Telephone calls & Emails
Within Worldwide Currencies Ltd Terms you are made aware that telephone conversations are recorded for quality and control purposes in line with the regulatory requirements.
All our employees are also informed that their calls are recorded and monitored to ensure: they are conducting themselves correctly, not miss-selling / harassing / pressuring clients and for review, if a compliant is made.
We use a sophisticated telephone recording system which registers any incoming and outgoing phone calls along with its date and call duration.
Whenever you communicate with us via email/letter or fax we save this information for our records.
AML & Anti-Fraud checks
Worldwide Currencies operates a fast track service for registration of UK businesses utilising electronic checks in place of certified ID for the company, directors, shareholders and partners. Information we obtain about your business is from highly reputable credit agency which helps us to perform background checks on your business. As part of stringent anti-money laundering legislation we have to check the identity of new customers (this is not a credit check). The unique online anti-money laundering service has been designed to specifically meet this requirement by interrogating a wide range of independent data sources.
In addition to above mentioned we use a financial crime screening tool to meet our regulatory obligations and prevent us from being used to launder the proceeds of crime or association with corrupt business practices.
How we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
- to fulfil contractual obligations;
- to provide you with information, services and products that you request;
- to enforce our rights if necessary;
- to contact you when needed in the normal course of business during business hours only;
- to comply with any applicable legal or regulatory requirements.
Sharing information with third parties
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance and execution of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- when required by law ( i.e. court orders, data protection requests from the police, NCA, HMRC)
- to enforce our rights (i.e. debt recovery)
- to meet our regulatory obligations (NCA; FCA;HMRC reporting)
We may transfer and store your personal data outside the UK and the European Economic Area. We have taken necessary steps to ensure the necessary level of protection for your information where such data is transferred outside of the EEA.
By the nature of our products and services we may need to share your information with relevant parties, like recipients of your payment, intermediate banks or any other service providers in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
Data Retention Policy
Worldwide Currencies Ltd will keep your information for 5 years after the business relationship come to an end. We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations or protect our legal rights. When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it.
At Worldwide Currencies we take security of personal data extremely seriously by ensuring appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, alternation, destruction or damage.
Data Centre SecurityWe hold your data in secure data centres with high levels of technical and multiple layers of physical security. All data centre facilities were constructed with the sole intention of being used as data centres, having never served any alternative purpose historicall
In certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request a copy of information we hold about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Request the restriction and/or objection of processing of your personal information.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you (commonly known as a right to “data portability”).
- Request not to process your information for marketing purposes.
- Withdraw your consent for our use of your personal information.
You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us at email@example.com or by calling your Account Manager.
How to contact us
Worldwide Currencies Ltd reserves the right to change, modify or amend this policy at any time, an updated policy version will be posted on this page.
Worldwide Currencies Limited, a company registered in England with Company no.5892452, and whose trading address is 55 King William Street, London EC4R 9AD, United Kingdom. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: https://worldwidecurrencies.com Tel: +44 (0)20 3326 4444 Fax: +44 (0)20 7515 0683
Worldwide Currencies Limited is a registered money services business with HM Revenue and Customs No. 12242572. Worldwide Currencies Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2017, registration 525361, for the provision of payment services.